Having visited your GP, you maybe referred to hospital for further investigations and treatment. Once your referral has been received you will then be added to the hospital’s Outpatient Waiting List.
In order to ensure your visit to hospital can be facilitated please note the following:
- When you attend your G.P. please give them details of all unavailability and if you would require an interpreter to be in attendance at your appointment
- Please ensure that all contact information is up to date
- Your GP will then send an electronic referral to the hospital within your catchment area
- Referral is then processed by the Hospital
- If you haven’t heard from the hospital after a month of your referral being done you can phone the Referrals Management Service on 0300 303 0249